At the core of our mission and vision are our guiding principals. We work hard to embody values on a daily basis, in everything we do, both personally and professionally.
Caring for People – Appreciating every stakeholder, their role and responsibility, and always working to effectively and efficiently support one another
Leading Through Innovation – Recognizing that success and growth happen by creating new and better processes
Improving Productivity – Learning from experience and practicing tenacious problem solving
Perfecting Customer Service – Assuming ownership of your satisfaction by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations
We’re always looking for new talent to join our growing teams. Browse and apply to our open positions.
Permit Expediter – Buckeye, AZ
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Permit Expeditor / Runner
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Permit-It, LLC is a provider of consulting services in the construction industry. We offer a complete array of building permits and consulting services that pertain to construction industry Codes and Sustainability that are required by jurisdictions. Since 2000, we’ve scaled from a small home office, to a larger, nationally recognized firm with the ability to provide services nationwide.
As a member of our PDX permitting team the Permit Expeditor/ Runner will plan, manage and execute the procurement of building permits.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with building departments and officials within those departments as the liaison between Permit-It and building department. (Multiple counties and jurisdictions involved)
- Know and understand local building codes as they pertain to our product.
- Represents Permit-It, as needed, in hearings with planning departments with variance applications.
- Reviews, submits, and retrieves permit related documentation for Permit-It to planning and building departments.
- Ensures placement of building follows set back regulations.
- Tracks permit progress through planning and building department and provide timely and accurate updates.
- Process 2 – 4 permit packages on a daily basis.
- Obtains permit and documentation, distributes and reviews same with sales and management.
- Assist management in meeting building officials on site as needed.
- Understands and meets the needs of the customer; recognizing special needs and recommending appropriate upsells.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution.
- Proven experience working in a construction or building department environment.
- Ability to effectively speak to and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and comprehension skills is a must.
- Must be able to travel in state at least 80% of the time
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Excel & Outlook
- Organized and detail-oriented with excellent planning skills
- Able to work independently under tight deadlines